Translate

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Really Reasonable Ribbon

is the Sponsor for Team B's Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week.

 They have a lovely selection of ribbon including all colors of seam 
binding so stop over and visit them HERE.  

Our theme this week is Vintage/Shabby Chic. My project is a little wall hanging. 
I started with a piece of light weight card board cut out with a Spellbinder 
stitching two layers together to make it good and stiff. I  used some
textured packing paper, a piece of corregated cardboad box stitched on
for the base. I had an old rose print I tore and added. Using texturing
compound I stenciled on the random dots them used inks to color 
them. Some old lace trim was added in a few random
spots. The flourish is a Cherry Lynn die cut into pieces.
I stained and dyed the buckram that is tucked around
the flowers. All the flowers are vellum. The two
at the top are cut with a Spellbinder rolled rose.

 The leaves are all from a Spellbinder die also.
Im not sure what the butterfly die is.
 A piece of pink was cut and embossed with
a dotted swiss and tucked in.The
sentiment is an old stamp I have dont know the maker.
I stamped it onto the piece cut with a Spellbinder then
faux stitched and edges inked.

The rose on the bottom is cut with a Spellbinder Rose Creation;
the foliage is also Spellbinder and I added a little rose
bud to it. I actually think I will replace the
rose. It was pale with the edges slightly darkened
but it looked a little to peach compared to the ribbon
so I tried to add some pink in and its too bright 
and blobby looking now after I see it in
the photos.














when the pic

16 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

How very very pretty this is Davi ... I love your flowers and the pretty stencilling ... such a lovely project!

Benzi said...

Just gorgeous and I love all your vellum flowers. The stenciled area look awesome. This is such a pretty piece.

Lisa said...

Absolutely stunning!! I love everything about this!! Gorgeous, gorgeous project!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Peanut said...

How BEAUTIFUL is this?! Gorgeous project just bursting with spring goodness, Davi. Best of all is the sentiment!
hugs,Asha

jimlynn said...

Totally gorgeous!!! Love all those flowers and the sentiment. Beautiful way you did the seam binding too.
Lynn

Karin said...

gorgeous and what a beautiful quote!
Groetjes karin

Stampsnob. said...

Oh my, the details are splendid . What a beautiful work of art...Lis

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Davi! Stunning. I love the crinkly ribbon. Wonderful spring colors and that rose is wonderful. Sorry, I don't agree about it being too bright, at least not the way it looks in the photo. Great sentiment.

Heather Rogers said...

I absolutely adore your shabby chic wall hanging. The die cut butterfly is my favorite. :)

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Oh Davi this is just beautiful love all the detail you put into this. And that butterfly is simply beautiful.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh my gosh, how beautiful is this!!

kReN said...

Oh my! Davi, this is so beautiful! And I love that sentiment. TFS!
kReN

Unknown said...

I am pretty sure you nailed this one my friend. I LOVE this.. Lots of yummy layering.

Happy Wednesday to you..

Hugs~

Mary Marsh said...

WOW Davi this is such a stunning wall hanging-love every detail -I am sure it looks wonderful hanging on one of your walls

Tammy said...

Davi, your wall handing is GORGEOUS! Beautiful details, textures and I love that sentiment!
Hugs, Tammy

Emily Thubbron said...

Davi, this is absolutely beautiful. I love all the flowers and that sentiment is beautiful.