Translate

Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday Challenge

The Grand Prize is 20 Stamp Sets plus daily gifts also


for Tutorial Time With Speedy TV is Fruit Background. 
 Using fruit to create dp was fun!!

 I had a lime on hand so used it to
 create my background First 
mixed a dusty blue, seafoam,
 olive and a bit of lavender ink 
together then dipped the lime slice in them and 
pounced on the paper. I did use a little pressure to get all the ink on the paper so the fruit isnt real defined but I do like it Actually the color looks mostly grey in the pic but in person is more aqua looking..It did make for an interesting look.
Used a soft aqua SU paper for the 
scalloped circle, sentiment and little border strip. A little aqua striped 
dp was punched with a Dotted Scallop MS punch.My pretty peacock
 is from the Be A Showoff Set. After coloring and cutting out the
 peacock I added some Stickles for a little shimmer to show off his
 majestic feathers. Some dots added to the scallop circle and a little 
flourish for Mr Peacock to perch upon. He was pop dotted on. 
The sentiment is from the Ivy and Blossom Set  with a couple little jewels to sparkle it up a bit.  We all used 
different things for this technique and got lots of very cool
 results so be sure to stop by and check out all my
 teammies fabulous creations!!


Just had to share my wonderful gift from my sweet jewel of a friend Martha! She
 sent me a early birthday gift and it is quite the gift, a cool 12x12 storage box FULL of 
paper! Check this out EVERYcolor and design you can imagine plus some
 Washi tape, cute little stamp sets and the foam dots that I used all the time!

18 comments:

Stampsnob. said...

Will you look at the background ? Gorgeous........Lius

wannabcre8tive said...

So wonderfully done. I love how you colored the peacock. A super gift you received from your friend.

Kimberly S said...

Gorgeous card Davi! Love the background technique, and the peacock is beautiful! :) hugs, Kimberly

Lisa said...

What a creative background!! I never would have thought of using a lime!! The peacock is gorgeous!! This is fabulous my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Pat said...

Lovely colors. I like how you colored the peacock.

Jane said...

Beautiful card Davi!!!

Lagene said...

Beautiful card, This is such a fun technique!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a stunning card!! Love this technique!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Gail said...

Wow Davi - nice present from your friend and lovely card too! Enjoy your week! Gail

Mary Marsh said...

this is a fabulous bg Davi-it is perfect for the peacock image-isn't it great to have friends that love us

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Davi, I love the background and that fabulous peacock!! What an awesome gift too! I hope you have a wonderful week my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Karin said...

wow gorgeous card!!
Groetjes Karin

Ros Crawford said...

Wo!! Who would have thought you did this using fruit! Wonderful card Davi! Thanks so much for your kind words ...

Benzi said...

You made a gorgeous background, Davi, for this beautiful peacock. You've colored that bird beautifully.
Happy Belated (I suppose) Birthday!!! And, what a wonderful surprise you received....a crafter's dream.

Anonymous said...

So love the look of the lime and the colors you used. Fabulous.

jimlynn said...

Cool way to do that background and a simply gorgeous card!!!
Lynn

Unknown said...

Beautiful background and great colors on the peacock. Hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Unknown said...

Your card looks wonderful. I LOVE the background. Sounds like you had some fun creating it.

Hugs~