Translate

Friday, June 29, 2012

Tutorial Time on Speedy TV # 5

Our Tutorial Time this week is positive and negative masking.
 I have to admit I have never tried this technique before. I
 only have a few inks so I was a little limited to my color
 choice.There are several steps to this technique. You need
 to stamp and cut out positive and negatives masks of the
 image Mine was done using one of  the lovely dogwood
 images from the Dogwood Blossoms Set.You will find this
 set and so many more at 
 Using some pearl embossing powder I stamped and embossed 
several images on the base. Using my masks I first inked my 
image  then masked my flowers to do the background. 
One more flower cut out with a Spellbinder Label # 17
A sheer ribbon tied on and the sentiment added.
Lagene did a fabulous job on the tutorial showing how to
 make her beautiful card, you will find it HERE

5 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Davi,
Beautiful card and colors - it is perfect for these hot days of Summer!

Lagene said...

Gorgeous card!!! You did an excellent job with the tutorial~!

Kimberly S said...

What a beautiful birthday card Davi! tfs hugs, Kimberly

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Davi I love that flower image and colours, I have been toying with the idea of using this stamped technique it really is super.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Love this card.. Such a great tutorial.. Thanks.

I am in Portland,OR. And I think we brought the heat with us. But still way cooler here than in Vegas.. I hope you had a happy 4th of July..

Hugs~