Translate

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

PIXIE COTTAGE CHALLENGE

Are you ready for the Pixie Cottage Challenge today?? We have a great sketch and/or theme of inside and out this week. Pop over and join us and while you are at it check out all the new Pixie Cottage stamps and digis at Michelles Scrapbooks and More! I used some textured green as a base to make my gate card. The striped dp is out of my scrap box. I love this beautiful lily image by Artish. I decided to go with the distressed look. The image is watercolored and popped it up with some mulberry paper tucked behind it. There is a brad to loop the seam binding around to tie the card closed. The burgundy strip is punched with the MS botanical. I used the layout on the inside of my card. continuing with the striped paper and then used the burgandy panels that I embossed with my new cuttlebug folder my sis in law brought me. Used more of the seambinding with a little bow. The scripture was cut out with the #1 nestie with some shrank down lilies added to the corner along with some green mulberry paper then popped up. The side panels were also punched with the MS botanical punch and a distressed, embossed cream strip added. I shrank down the lily image, watercolored and pop dotted them over some olive mulberry paper. On the right side you are seeing the punched border from the front. The pictures do not really capture the nice dimension this card has. My stripe colors and mulberry paper go along with the Color Dare this week. My sweet biased honey thinks it one of the prettiest. :)
This also fits challenges:
ABC:Xtra dimension
The Color Dare:Ruby Red, Cameo coral, very vanilla & old olive
Aly's Sunday: Flowers
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge: Ribbons & bows
Practical Scrappers: Flowers
Crafty Ann's: Embossing
Caardvarks: Embossing

13 comments:

Kimberly S said...

Gorgeous Davi! Love how beautifully decorated it is, both on the inside and the outside. :)

Martha said...

Davi, I love those star-gazer Asian lilies. I just planted one in my flower bed! You really did a wonderful job inside and out on this card. Great colors and details. Ten Thumbs Up!

Love and hugs, Martha

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This is just so feminine!
Love it.
Hugs
Tanya

ChristineCreations said...

What a lovely intricate card! Beautiful colors!

Linnie said...

hi Dav
this is a real stunner i looove it
thankyou for joining in at WhoopsiDaisy
luv
linniex

Liz Williams said...

What a masterpiece both inside and out. Thanks for playing along in the Color Dare challenge.

Sandra H. said...

Very, very pretty! I love Star Gazer flowers, beautiful!!

Lisa B said...

WOW!!!! That was exactly what came out of my mouth when I saw this card! How beautifully detailed is this card?????? You did such a fabulous job and it is very obvious how much work went into this.

Thanks for sharing it with us over at Practical Scrappers this week.

pinky said...

This is oh so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at WhoopsiDaisy.
Pinky

artish said...

kuddos on the coloring- you soooooooooo brought my flowers to life! i love the mulberry/distressed look- fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ann Whitfield said...

Fabulous work Davi - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Davi! Another beauty! Love all the detail & your distressing!

savvy teaching tips said...

This card is great on the outside, and then you open it up and it's fabulous. Great job with the flowers. You really rocked the challenge. Thanks for joining us this week at Practical Scrappers.