Translate

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge

This is for Stampin'Sisters in Christ If you haven't visited their blog do so. It is very encouraging!! The Challenge started with Deuteronomy 31:8. When God is unseen... make something that would encourage someone. My card started with a textured purple cardstock. I added black corners punched with a fiskers punch and stamped with ivory.I cut a oval out of ivory watercolor paper and aged it. I then added a striped dp which I stitched on. I also stitched a black scalloped hinge onto it. I then cut black square to mount the Scripture on to. I Added the flower and leaves to dress it up a bit.
I then mounted the scripture onto a black scalloped oval and added it to the inside of the oval.
I added the sheer black ribbon to tie the oval shut. I then mounted that all onto the purple cardstock. The card also opens and I added the pocket made out of the floral dp and stitched it on. . I made a bookmark out of the purple and ivory cardstock and put the Scripture II Tim 3:16-17 onto it. I then added a bunch of ivory, purple and lavender fibers.If you scroll down you will see the inside of the oval and the inside of the card.

The Scripture inside the oval
The inside of the card


2 comments:

Silli said...

Hello Davi, you are so sweet! many thanks for your german words...;-) makes me smile... My english is not so good but I hope you understand me...;-) Your card is beautiful...I love the colors... Hugs and happy day! Silke

Anonymous said...

Nice card.!!
Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC.