Translate

Wednesday, October 21, 2009


This card is for the color throwdown. Celery, teal, and pomegranate were the colors we were to use. I chose to watercolor a basket of fruit. Mat it with the teal and pomegranate. For the background the dp has subtle tones of the colors. I stitched it on with a decorative stitch and then put teal brads on each corner. I ran a black sheer ribbon across before mounting the image. It is all put onto a celery base. I punched a pomegranate scalloped oval and a celery oval to mount the sentiment on. I have tried every setting on the camera and cannot find one that captures the fullness of color. The stripe and the image colors are much richer looking in person.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! This is stunning! Love your beautifully colored image and all the detail it gives. The stitching is WONDERFUL! Wow, wish I knew how to run my sewing machine like that! Awesome entry for the color throwdown, a winner for sure! Thanks for the comment on my blog, made me smile. :)

Martha said...

Really nice fruit basket stamp. I have that one somewhere. Very appropriate for Thanksgiving and you did a great job coloring as usual.

Barbara said...

Gorgeous image and coloring, Davi!!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Very pretty & great job on the watercoloring!!!

dstandard said...

Gorgeous - what a beautiful job on your stamping!

Kimberly S said...

Wow, that is just lovely! Beautiful job you did with the watercolors. :)

dpkennedy said...

Great image and beautiful coloring! Lovely card! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

Nora said...

Lovely image. It's nice to see "edibles". And your coloring is amazing!
Thanks for the comment on my blog Davi ;)